This is something I've been wanting to try for ages and I guess the perks of being the boss - is now I can actually do the classes! So I'm super excited for this to start.
In September we have a lovely lady called Alda, teaching our Qi Gong classes. The classes run on Mondays and Thursdays at 11am.
So moving onto Qi Gong...... Qi Gong uses different movement patterns which imitate nature like animals and trees etc.
It also has many fantastic benefits listed below:
- It reduces stress
- Builds stamina
- Increases vitality
- Enhances the immune system
- Improves cardiovascular, respiratory, circularoty, lympthatic and digestive functions
- Helps one to regain a youthful vitality (we'll all have some extra of that please!)
- maintains health even into old age
- Helps speed recovery from illness
- Reduces hypertenstion
- Reduces incidents of falling in the aged folks
- Most importantly it re-establishes the body/mind/soul connection
People do Qigong to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds, and reconnect with their spirit.
Originally from Spain, Alda lived in Ireland for nearly 15 years, and moved to Devon in 2014. She started her tai chi journey 10 years ago. It wasn’t always easy. In fact, when she started doing tai chi, Alda was feeling very depressed. She was going through a difficult life crisis and things did not add up.
Thanks to tai chi, Alda recovered her liveliness and sense of humour, and she got the strength to build a life more in line with her dreams. Now, she wishes to share her knowledge and skills with others in Devon. Alda is a patient, well-humoured teacher who always finds images to help you remember the forms.
Alda has trained with some of the highest tai chi masters and grandmasters in the world, including Grandmaster Chen Zhenglei and Grandmaster Chen Xiao Wang. Her regular instructor is Grandmaster Liming Yue, based in Manchester. She has also trained with high level qigong masters from the Chinese Health Qigong Association. Here are her accreditations:
- Level 2 Tai Chi and Qigong Instructor with Grandmaster Liming Yue
- 2nd Duan Wei with the Chinese Health Qigong Association (accredited to teach Wu Qin Xi and Ba Duan Jin)
- Mawangdui Instructor with the British Health Qigong Association.
We are really looking foward to welcoming Alda to the Teign Fitness Family and we're super excited about starting!