“I must be right. Never an aspirin. Never injured a day in my life. The whole country, the whole world, should be doing my exercises. They’d be happier.” – Joseph Pilates
Everyone’s talking about Pilates these days! We hear celebrities raving on a daily basis about their Pilates workout. Stars ranging from Kate Hudson to Jennifer Aniston are eager to express their love of Pilates.
But why is Pilates such a favorite of the hottest stars who could choose any type of exercise workout to do? Here are five reasons why:
1) QUICK – It takes as little as 10 minutes a day to start reaping the physical rewards of Pilates. You’d be surprised how many different exercises you can do in such a short span of time.
2) LOW IMPACT – Pilates offers an intense muscular workout with virtually no jumping up and down or running. This may explain why Pilates is so appealing for pregnant women and new mothers.
3) MINDFUL – Not only can concentration during exercise relax you, but it can also provide medical benefits for the brain.
4) CONVENIENT – Pilates is so convenient because you can do it from the comfort of your own home – no gym required. Performed on a mat or with equipment.
5) EFFECTIVE – Probably the most important reason to do Pilates is because it works! Pilates is so popular because it brings great results.