I'm sure you've all heard me talk about coconut oil - it's used for so many things in our house!
Some people seem to think that because it's "oil" it's bad for you, however there are good oils and "bad" oils and even good oils can become "bad" oils if they're used incorrectly.
Did you know that using Olive Oil to cook with actually damages the molecules and turns it from good to "bad". It's okay to use it on a very low gentle heat. The easiest thing is to avoid cooking with it at all. And this is where coconut oil comes into it's own.
Coconut Oil can withstand the heat and it's still a goodie! I absolutely love it in my porridge as it gives it a bit of flavour, but for those of you that don't like the flavour you can get flavourless coconut oil!
Here are out top 10 uses for coconut oil!
1. Massage Oil - helps soothe tired and sore muscles. Add a few drops of essential oil and enjoy a luxurious feel to your massage.
2. Moisturiser - certainly helps to soften and hydrate, rough or damaged skin. Paul is forever rubbing it all over his face and his hair has become darker!!! (sssshhh don't tell him I said that!).
3. Dandruffe - massage some coconut oil into the scalp to ease symptoms of dandruff, both the itching and the flaking.
4. Toothpaste - again...one of Pauls favourites! Mix 1 part coconut oil with 1 part baking soda and add a couple of drops of pepperment oil. This makes a refreshing, natural toothpaste that whitens and cleans without added preservatives, flouride, sweetners or other chemicals.
5. As mentioned above cooking. We ONLY cook with coconut oil! Add a small amount on a teaspoon to the frying pan and cook away!
6. After shave - it really helps to soothe sensitive skin and promotes healing.
7. Face Scrub - Mix coconut oil with baking soda, sugar, or cinnamon and oatmeal for the perfect face scrub and exfoliator and all natural!
8. Styes/Pink Eye - Rub a small amount of coconut oil on the sty or around the eyes to get rid of these painful and annoying infections quickly.
9. Nappy Rash - it definitely helps heal mild nappy rash gently and effectively.
10. Lice - Ha! Coconut iol kills and removes the pesky little ****** :)
And there you have it. Now these are only TEN uses, but there are loads more!!!! Yes it is a tad more expensive than others - but ours lasts forever cause you only need a small bit .
Awesome stuff! I love coconut oil!!! (next to peanut butter - crunchy that is!).